If you are a Wyoming or eastern Idaho resident and are unable to afford an abortion, Chelsea’s Fund is here to help you. If you reside elsewhere, please contact the National Network of Abortion Funds for funding suggestions.
We are happy to speak with you anytime to provide information about available abortion services, providers, and funding options. Sometimes it is useful to speak with us prior to getting an appointment since we are familiar with relevant provider options. However, for us to commit to funding you, you will first need to take the following steps:
- Determine if you are pregnant.
- Call a clinic that provides abortion services and discuss the option that best suits your needs.
- Make an appointment for your procedure and determine the cost. Discuss your financial situation with the clinic, and ask them whether they have any means to reduce the price or know of other sources of support. (Some clinics have their own funds to help reduce costs.)
- Call Chelsea’s Fund at 307-438-9272.
When you call, one of our volunteers will ask you a few questions, which may include questions about your income, family support, children, and extenuating circumstances. We will also need to know:
- Which clinic you are planning to use.
- When your appointment is scheduled.
- What the remaining cost of your abortion is.
Please note that our resources are limited, and our mission is to provide funding to those who would not otherwise be able to pay for an abortion. Prior to calling, please consider how much you will be able to contribute and what other funding resources are available. If we are able to help you, it will likely only be for a portion of the full amount. We will do our best to help you so that you are able to follow through with your decision.
If we do not answer, please leave a message with your name and number and the date and time of your appointment. Please be aware that we do not have an office; we are an organization of volunteers with other jobs who do our best to return your call as soon as we can. We will return your call within one business day, and often within a matter of hours.
When we provide assistance we notify the clinic and pay them directly on your behalf.